Howdy! Before we get started, you might want to grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine here, as I tend to ramble a bit...First of all, let me tell you a little bit about the reason for this blog in the first place. You see, I have another blog called, "365 Days Of The Year." Four years ago, I started it as a challenge to post a photo a day on it for a year, and I did! When my year was up, I thought I could just drop it, but I found I missed it. So, instead of the pressure of taking a "picture worthy picture" every day, I just started to post random thoughts and stories of my family and friends, with an occasional picture. After each year, I would have the entire year made into a hard cover book, to some day give to our son Landon. I also have a handbag business that I do on the side from my full time childcare business. Occasionally, I would post on my blog, things about purses or shows/expos that I was doing and it just didn't feel right. It was business and my blog was for family, friends, and my place to go to vent or just tell my little stories. I would also post a bit about business on facebook and that didn't feel right either. Now, I have started to dip my toes in a little crafty stuff. Nothing major, but a little something here and there and I needed a place to put it along with my purses that felt right. That place is here. Here I will post things about purses, re-purposing, flea marketing, or maybe just take you along on a few road trips with me. Wherever it takes us, I hope the trip is as much fun for you as it is for me. Ready to ride?



If you would like to send a comment/question, shoot me an email at: tdsiegel@hotmail.com



If you would like to check out my other blog, here is the link:
http://www.desireesiegel.blogspot.com/

If you would like to check out my purse blog, here is the link:
http://www.desireeschicanduniquehandbags.blogspot.com/

I know. I know. The length of that purse site link is insane! But, when I created it, I couldn't think of anything short and cute that wasn't already taken, like... "The Swedish Cowgirl." Ha! By the way, I am 1/2 Swedish. On the other side it's a bit Heinz 57. English, Dutch, German, Irish, Chinese and Indian! My dad's side was the wild side! So, it is what it is. I am what I am.

You can also check out my facebook page, at:
https://www.facebook.com/TheSwedishCowgirl?fref=ts#!/TheSwedishCowgirl?fref=ts

Monday, November 19, 2012

Evangeline Elmquist

I posted my little "special friend" story on my Swedish Cowgirl facebook page and the response was overwhelming. I am still in shock. To me it was just another one of my little stories, but boy how it seemed to touch a lot of people. At the present time, I have almost 80 likes and I don't know how many comments. All of the comments were sweet, positive and wonderful! There were several compliments that I had received myself, that just blew me away. It wasn't my intention to get compliments when I posted that story, I just wanted to share my "special friend" with everyone as she had really made my day. It was the first real story I've posted on there, and unlike my blog which doesn't have a place to comment, I wasn't prepared for all those comments! It is so nice to know there are so many nice people out there! Because my S.C. page is public as it is a business page, I didn't even know many of the people who commented! Through those comments, I found out that my special friend's name is Evangeline Elmquist (Funny thing here, she reminded me of my grandma who passed away with Alzhiemers and whose last name was Lindquist. Hmmm...maybe grandma was just saying hi through Evangeline?) and she is a published poet! She had a twin sister who she lived with all her life, but sadly passed away. I was able to find a site that has one of her books of poetry for sale. It is a tribute to her twin sister, May.
I encourage everyone to purchase this book. It's just a nice thing to do and I think it would make Evangeline happy. Who knows....it might make you happy too!


http://bookstore.xlibris.com/Products/SKU-0056631017/Precious-Memories-in-Lifes-Garden-of-Remembrance-of-a-Beloved-Sister-May-Violetta-Elmquist-by-her-sister-Evangeline.aspx

Precious Memories in Life�s Garden of Remembrance of a Beloved Sister, May Violetta Elmquist, by her sister Evangeline

No comments:

Post a Comment